Claim on your insurance. We hope you never experience a loss. But when you do, make sure you get the service you paid for.
Claim. It's what we're here for. We helped you find the right policy. Now you've got a problem, it's our job to make sure your claim goes smoothly.
Making a Claim - Things to Do:
Claim on your policy as soon as you have a problem.
- Call us. Let us know straight away when you become aware of a claim, or a potential claim.
- Prevent further loss. Take reasonable steps to make sure your property isn’t further damaged.
- Take Photos of the Damage. Especially if you have to clean it up or do emergency repairs!
- Be Reasonable. Remember your insurance is there to make good on a loss – not to make you better off!
- Repair/Replace without authority. The insurer might want to assess the damage, and if they can’t, you’ll have to prove the loss.
- Admit Liability. You might know it’s your fault, but you can’t admit this – we’ll report it to the insurer and they’ll sort it out.
Do You need To Make An Insurance Claim?
Although you shouldn’t normally repair without authority, if your roof has been damaged in a storm, you’re well within your rights to do what’s necessary to prevent further damage – e.g. emergency repairs to stop more water coming in. Just make sure you take photos where possible, and call us as soon as you can so we can advise you and get the insurer on side for the claim.